News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: Scruffie on March 11, 2020, 12:33:53 PM
And they patented and published it because they're just really shit at being evil geniuses and covering their tracks.
Hehe.  I think that is why my mind didn't go down the sinister conspiracy route when I saw what the picture was.

Quote from: benny_profane on March 11, 2020, 12:40:55 PM
Sowing baseless mistrust in public health institutions is irresponsible.
Agreed.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

m-Kresol

well, Austria is shutting down step by step. events with more than 100 people indoors or 500 outdoors are forbidden, meaning all concerts and festivals in the near future got cancelled. This includes the entire European tour of Russian Circles, which I was looking forward to since they announced it.
So far, all the measures taken only affect personal life. they don't touch anything related to economy, which I find half-arsed to be honest. I have far more contact with other people in my company (900 employees on site) than anywhere else. Schools are slowly following and closing down, so that means parents will start staying home too. I wonder how this is regulated in terms of salary as this is basically a decision by the government that forces your hand...
Hopefully Trump is right for once in his life and this "will blow over in April when it gets warmer". Fingers crossed

stay safe!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

madbean

Just wanna step back into the thread here and say I would like to see this topic stick to factual data in terms of current cases and projections. And (obviously) how it might be personally impacting you or people you know. Let's keep conjecture, spurious arguments and far-fetched hypotheticals to a minimum. Not that it's a big issue thus far, but this continues to shape up to be very serious here in the US (and of course much more so in other parts of the world). I'm anxious to see if we start seeing exponential growth in cases by the end of next week (in the US).

I'm actually now considering the impact it might have on mbp, as well. There might be some reasonable precautionary steps for me to take considering I am sending out merchandise from my home that comes from overseas. But, I haven't made a decision yet.

Anyway, please keep carrying on!

Scruffie

I was actually slightly concerned last night and today (not for my self, but I've had contact with my parents who would be at risk) as I started sneezing and coughing but then when my eyes started to get itchy after sitting outside, I realised I'm now going to be a social pariah in public with hay fever for the next 2/3 months!
Works at Lectric-FX

pietro_moog

Well people, we're in deep shit. Italy is being locked down, and it looks like a regime.
Everybody is asking why this is happening, and these are the things floating around on facebook and twitter.
I thought this was relevant, so i posted it.
Many people in Italy actually believe this is an act of war by the US government, that's it.
We are freaking out

Aentons

Quote from: pietro_moog on March 11, 2020, 01:58:47 PM
Well people, we're in deep shit. Italy is being locked down, and it looks like a regime.
Everybody is asking why this is happening, and these are the things floating around on facebook and twitter.
I thought this was relevant, so i posted it.
Many people in Italy actually believe this is an act of war by the US government, that's it.
We are freaking out

The USA did not attack Italy so please be reassured of this. :)

Could you expand on what you mean by "locked down"? I ask because another Italian described it as "Ministerial Decree that obliges us to minimize travel outside the home", which sounds like a voluntary travel advisory.

Aentons

Quote from: pietro_moog on March 11, 2020, 01:58:47 PM

You should really stop using those. Everyone knows they are full of nonsense.

We are freaking out
...because of what you see on FB and Twit. Seriously, tell everyone you know to not use it anymore for this very reason. If you have to look you should be very, very skeptical of everything you see there.

Don't give in to the paranoia and mob psychology.

pietro_moog

No dude, since tomorrow everything is closed, except for malls and hospitals. You get arrested is you try to drive to the next town. And the US attacked Italy as they did with China and Iran. We can only hope the the US regime will collapse. Long live China

madbean

madbean

Thread is re-opened after 24 hour quarantine. Let's let cool heads prevail this time. Or, I'll have to start administering vaccines.

Anyway, things continue to develop. If you have any personal impact stories let's hear them. Next week is spring break for the kids here so they have not announced any school closings yet. But, I think it may be coming even though the claim is TN is a "low risk" area of the country (until it isn't, of course).

harryklippton

I work in higher ed. Yesterday the provost told us at a leadership meeting that they weren't intending to close. By 3 pm today, they announced that we're going online for the foreseeable future.

EBK

Rumor mill suggests school closure announcement for my city will come tomorrow.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

davent

Quote from: madbean on March 12, 2020, 03:01:46 PM
Thread is re-opened after 24 hour quarantine. Let's let cool heads prevail this time. Or, I'll have to start administering vaccines.

Anyway, things continue to develop. If you have any personal impact stories let's hear them. Next week is spring break for the kids here so they have not announced any school closings yet. But, I think it may be coming even though the claim is TN is a "low risk" area of the country (until it isn't, of course).

Spring break here in Ontario next week as well. A couple hours ago provincial government announced all publically funded schools will be closed a further two weeks afterwards, a few million kids on the loose.

My wife retired her teacher career  Dec. 31 2019.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

I'm glad I live in a remote area of Northern Canada. We won't likely have a case within hundreds of kilometres of where we are. Schools are still going here, as is our church and our local hockey team is in a playoff race.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals