News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whetstone kits

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 03:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezdn

Looks really nice! Where did you get the knobs from?

Quote from: jimilee on March 14, 2021, 02:20:54 AM
Well, here's mine. I did learn that slanting the board back so the nuts fit on the toggle switches causes a major problem with the pots. I think they don't look too bad counter sunk as long as they're all done that was. I have some either caps for the toggles that should enhance the look.

I assumed the wire origami was a must, since it seemed to be a trend, so I tried my hand at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: drezdn on March 14, 2021, 04:20:51 PM
Looks really nice! Where did you get the knobs from?

Well, here's mine. I did learn that slanting the board back so the nuts fit on the toggle switches causes a major problem with the pots. I think they don't look too bad counter sunk as long as they're all done that was. I have some either caps for the toggles that should enhance the look.

I assumed the wire origami was a must, since it seemed to be a trend, so I tried my hand at it.

Thank you, Tayda of all places.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

You missing a ground on the output, or is this a test?

jimilee

Quote from: PapaKev on March 14, 2021, 06:51:44 PM

You missing a ground on the output, or is this a test?
I don't normally ground the output. It's grounded from the input via the enclosure.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bursarboy

Got mine done this past weekend. I really like this thing!  You get plenty of over-the-top phasing if that's what you're after, but you can also make it a more subtle effect that sits really nice in the background.  Still learning all the knobs & switches, tho...

T

jimilee

Quote from: Bursarboy on March 15, 2021, 01:21:12 PM
Got mine done this past weekend. I really like this thing!  You get plenty of over-the-top phasing if that's what you're after, but you can also make it a more subtle effect that sits really nice in the background.  Still learning all the knobs & switches, tho...

T
What, no pic?!

Bursarboy

Ok, lemme work on that...

T

PapaKev

Quote from: Bursarboy on March 15, 2021, 01:21:12 PM

T

Found this, hope it helps.

Bursarboy

Thanks, yeah, I found that too - it really does help.  My issue is with posting a simple pic  ;D

gordo

Jimi got me started on this addiction when he sold me a "Dorothy Red Sparkle Shoes" phaser.  I've been addicted to red sparkle ever since.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jubal81

Shhh!
Don't use the word Sparkle with Midwayfair around ....
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on March 16, 2021, 11:54:53 PM
Jimi got me started on this addiction when he sold me a "Dorothy Red Sparkle Shoes" phaser.  I've been addicted to red sparkle ever since.
Man, that's a still my favorite finish on a phaser. I don't know which board is in there, but you can't beat it. There's no place like phasers.....

jimilee

Quote from: jubal81 on March 16, 2021, 11:57:54 PM
Shhh!
Don't use the word Sparkle with Midwayfair around ....
Uh ohhh

cajone5

Mine is reporting as delivered by USPS but never showed. Hope it gets sorted...

drezdn

Does anyone know where I can get knobs similar to the ones on Blackout Effector's Fix'd Fuzz? I'm almost done with mine and I'd like it to look authentic.