News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effectslayouts.com Heartbreaker Overdrive

Started by jjjimi84, June 03, 2021, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I have been editing my balls off and noticed this little gem in the background. I can't seem to find where it went on the website but this thing gave me hell. thesameage had a post about desoldering blues and this thing put me down for about 3 days!

I foolishly did not get long pin pots and soldered in the board the wrong way. It was a demon of a bad idea on my part. So here it is warts and all, jumpers to get it to work and just a fly in the ointment.

It does sound really great though and I love the copper airbrush front with little monkey.

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That looks spectacular. I can't say I haven't done that myself. What is it exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on June 03, 2021, 01:15:08 PM
That looks spectacular. I can't say I haven't done that myself. What is it exactly?

It is a half red llama half tube screamer ish sort of thing. I wish it was still available because it does sound really good.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on June 03, 2021, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: jimilee on June 03, 2021, 01:15:08 PM

It is a half red llama half tube screamer ish sort of thing. I wish it was still available because it does sound really good.
He has a similar board on there, it's his take on the JHS double barrel. Half morning glory half tube screamer.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TeleCrunch

Nice color combo and custom artwork.
I have the build doc and I did the same damn thing - had to remove and replace all the pots. I've been trying to figure out how to add a switch to reverse the order of the effects to send the Screamer block into the Llama instead of the existing order as an option.
No Squid Pro Quo

Feral Feline

Your pain is my gain, thank you for posting.

I've got the board, DULY NOTED re POTS etc.
Didn't realise the board's discontinued, and didn't realise long-legged pots are required. 
I think the footswitches will suffice in holding the board in place, I can just use lugged pots with cap-lead clippings or offboard wiring...

For anyone interested in this thing, it's basically a Way Huge Camel Toe, but the 808 side is a ROG UBE-Screamer minus the buffer and clean signal (not enough inverters left over after using some up for the Llama).

So if you build a Llama and an Ube-screamer separately then chuck'm in the same box, you've got it AND you'd have the clean blend (great for bass, still good for guitar).