News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is everyone doing????

Started by jimilee, January 08, 2022, 04:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I was going to post what's been going on with me, but I don't own an SG, so I don't think I qualify for this thread.  ;-)

Maybe I'll have to buy culturejam's.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

Quote from: pickdropper on January 14, 2022, 04:50:44 PM
I was going to post what's been going on with me, but I don't own an SG, so I don't think I qualify for this thread.  ;-)

I do think it's fair to say that the question "what is everyone doing" is answered.

Looking and drooling at SG's.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

I have an SG faded I got from Curtis. Dropped some hand wound by Timbo ,Pearly gates in there. I'd love to have a P90 SG or Les Paul. Going to Nashville in March, maybe grab one then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on January 14, 2022, 04:54:40 PM

I do think it's fair to say that the question "what is everyone doing" is answered.

This is a fact Stephan. I was constantly struggling to find a Gibson style guitar that I liked anymore. Most Les Pauls and 335s are either to heavy, or to dark and muddy sounding to me. The other thing is that most Gibson guitars look outdated and gaudy with flame mapled sunburst. They look like something a lawyer or doctor wearing khakis and a sweater wrapped around their neck would play. The SG looks modern and sexy. They are snappier and brighter and the Gibson that I can really get on with.
Who the hell is Bucky?

pickdropper

Quote from: cooder on January 14, 2022, 04:54:40 PM

That's certainly what I'm doing at the moment.  ;-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

I've never been able to find an SG I could play in tune.  I have a bit of a death grip on the neck and even playing 11's I always have intonation issues on skinny neck guitars.  Good to know the 2000's were the chunkier neck.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TNblueshawk

I bought an SG for my brother-in-law once so I guess I can chime in.

I'm still building. It runs in real large peaks and valleys but I still enjoy it. My wife can't figure out to save her life why I still build pedals. Can't say I blame her. But I wonder why she keeps buying new yoga pants she doesn't need so I guess we are even  8) When I retire, in 3 or so years, I'll probably go to building a bunch of amps I don't need too. I've got this notion to volunteer for free at some luthier shop somewhere to learn to build an acoustic. I'll string guitars, clean the place etc.. and they can show me how to build. That probably won't happen but it is a notion I have.
John

vizcities

My silence is directly proportional to my industry: I'm about to move to a place with no logical bench space, so I've built something like 25 pedals (!) in the last month. Plan to finish my last one (the GGG Maestro Ring Mod) tomorrow or Thursday & post a few faves here in the coming weeks.

Stomptown

I've been in a lull for the last 9 months it so.  I did finish a Partscaster (tele) last fall that I should post on here.  I also have several half built pedals and an amp in the works but I can't find the time/energy to finish them.  On top of that, we just put an offer in on a home so I'm most likely going to be working on DIY projects of another kind for the foreseeable future.

Here's my 2008 SG Classic w/ chunky neck: