News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So apparently Fulltone is closing up...

Started by culturejam, August 25, 2022, 10:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fulltone-effects-pedals-closing

Still seems to be a tiny bit of doubt that this is happening, but it appears to be true.

Can't wait for the market to flood with (even more) OCD clones.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Zigcat

Good riddance. "But I'm the history of boutique."

Invertiguy

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy  ::) I do feel bad for his employees though, they don't deserve to lose their jobs just because their jerk of a boss couldn't resist running his mouth.
Doomsday Devices

mattc

I said on another site (I hope this is allowed here!)

F*%k Mike Fuller, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Aleph Null

I don't know much about Mr. Fuller, but I question the judgement of anyone who center-aligns an entire letter.

culturejam

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 29, 2022, 11:44:40 AM
I don't know much about Mr. Fuller, but I question the judgement of anyone who center-aligns an entire letter.

The only thing that could make it worse is to have used Comic Sans as the font.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Aentons

Quote from: culturejam on August 29, 2022, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on August 29, 2022, 11:44:40 AM

The only thing that could make it worse is to have used Comic Sans as the font.  ;D

He could have tiled his log behind the text :)

What does he mean by "4 year climate"?

Aleph Null

Quote from: Aentons on August 29, 2022, 02:50:40 PM

I'm going to guess that he's referring to the Biden administration. Not sure what his specific beef is, though.

madbean

Quote from: Aleph Null on August 29, 2022, 03:42:31 PM
Quote from: Aentons on August 29, 2022, 02:50:40 PM

I'm going to guess that he's referring to the Biden administration. Not sure what his specific beef is, though.

More likely Newsom.

gordo

Strangely enough he still comes across as an arrogant asshole even as he's throwing in the towel.  I imagine his ex-employees can only dream of a ranch with a world class recording studio.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bret608

Exactly, I love how he has to tout his personal wealth even as his business is going under. Cleptocrat? I have never owned a Fulltone pedal. When I first became aware of them, I found their add copy super off-putting. Everything seemed to be in the vein of "don't bother buying this unless you have badass vintage plexis to play it through like me."

flanagan0718

Honestly, I never liked any of his products and...WOW! What an @sshat! Too bad others have to suffer on his behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockhorst

Contrary to popular belief I've found Fuller to be very helpful when I was in contact with him. I was trying to fixg some Fulltone pedals but couldn't quite figure it out and he gave me enough pointers so that anyone with a little experience would know what to look for without sending out the schematic. Very short reply time, a bit on the edgy side but helpful nonetheless. More than I expected based on all the sh*t I read online.

Ironically, Fulltone will now become a TRUE boutique brand

jimilee

Quote from: Rockhorst on August 31, 2022, 03:23:28 PM
Contrary to popular belief I've found Fuller to be very helpful when I was in contact with him. I was trying to fixg some Fulltone pedals but couldn't quite figure it out and he gave me enough pointers so that anyone with a little experience would know what to look for without sending out the schematic. Very short reply time, a bit on the edgy side but helpful nonetheless. More than I expected based on all the sh*t I read online.

Ironically, Fulltone will now become a TRUE boutique brand

I don't know that's it's popular belief so much as experiences. I'm glad you had a pleasant one, but a lot that I've read, but not all, has been first hand experience.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.