Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So apparently Fulltone is closing up...

Started by culturejam, August 25, 2022, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhorst

Quote from: jimilee on August 31, 2022, 10:39:04 PM
Quote from: Rockhorst on August 31, 2022, 10:23:28 PM
Contrary to popular belief I've found Fuller to be very helpful when I was in contact with him. I was trying to fixg some Fulltone pedals but couldn't quite figure it out and he gave me enough pointers so that anyone with a little experience would know what to look for without sending out the schematic. Very short reply time, a bit on the edgy side but helpful nonetheless. More than I expected based on all the sh*t I read online.

Ironically, Fulltone will now become a TRUE boutique brand
I may have used the wrong figure of speech :)

I don't know that's it's popular belief so much as experiences. I'm glad you had a pleasant one, but a lot that I've read, but not all, has been first hand experience.

jimilee

Quote from: Rockhorst on August 31, 2022, 11:27:41 PM
Quote from: jimilee on August 31, 2022, 10:39:04 PM
Quote from: Rockhorst on August 31, 2022, 10:23:28 PM
Contrary to popular belief I've found Fuller to be very helpful when I was in contact with him. I was trying to fixg some Fulltone pedals but couldn't quite figure it out and he gave me enough pointers so that anyone with a little experience would know what to look for without sending out the schematic. Very short reply time, a bit on the edgy side but helpful nonetheless. More than I expected based on all the sh*t I read online.

Ironically, Fulltone will now become a TRUE boutique brand
I may have used the wrong figure of speech :)

I don't know that's it's popular belief so much as experiences. I'm glad you had a pleasant one, but a lot that I've read, but not all, has been first hand experience.

No worries.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

It's difficult to talk about Fulltone and Mike has made it so. He's allowed his politics and while I may disagree with some to all of what he puts out there, it wouldn't have affected my buying one of his products (which I never did). I even heard out a couple of "put your feelings aside" arguments from guys who'd also like you to forget about their pasts.

What I'll remember about Fulltone is how awful the GT500 was and how difficult it was to get rid of. Everything else I may have to say about him good or bad pales in comparison to that experience.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jalmonsalmon

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .