News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clipper Ship 2.0

Started by midwayfair, December 15, 2012, 01:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hey, an etch image! This puts it in the realm of doability for me, as long as I can get someone to etch a board. I get way too excited over any circuit that needs the words germanium and overdrive in the same breath when describing it.

midwayfair

Quote from: Bret608 on December 17, 2012, 07:30:49 AMHey, an etch image! This puts it in the realm of doability for me

Yeah, I've been trying to remember to do that with layouts I post. The Bearhug had a real etch image right off the bat, but since my "PCB" program is just DIYLC, I'm really limited in how well I can do etch layouts.

fendman

Can somebody here help Jon get this circuit to actual size so we can copy it and be able to make an etched board from it??

Somebody must be able to do it...this site has so many talented people.lol  Please :)

wgc

If someone can provide overall dims, it shouldn't be too hard to scale it and either give a percent size or upload a resized image.  I'm guessing something close to 1.3" wide?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

hammerheadmusicman

couldn't you just print it at 100% and measure the spacing of say Q1 and work out the % to scale it to, so that a standard socket would fit?

Somone less tired should do it, as i will only get it wrong, at this point in time!!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

midwayfair

Okay, I did something mildly smart: I actually printed the PDF with no page scaling and held a little piece of perf up against the resulting printout. Turns out it's the right size. Do I need to post a PDF with just the etch mask in it, or is the layout PDF good enough for the etchers?

hammerheadmusicman

Good enough for me, when I get through my build list, I'll get building! got some etching to do in the next few days.. Will etch it then. Is it tragic that am looking forward to building it as I haven't seen an 'etched version' build report yet..

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..