News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

POST YOUR PEDALBOARD / GEAR!

Started by pandadandan, December 13, 2010, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

Quote from: guitarhands03 on April 20, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
Yes! the taptation works great. if you plan on using it be sure to keep the wire that runs from pin6 on the pt2399 away from any power source. made this wierd noise that i couldnt figure out for a couple of days.
I wanna know more about this Paradox.  What circuit is it?
Not too bright....

guitarhands03

Ive built two so far, one uses the seaurchin layout and the other uses the guitarpcb layout. both work fantastic. It was a really tight fit with the three toggle switches but what i ended up doing is laying the taptation pcb board in the pedal first and stacking the other pcb on top with a piece of wrapping foam in between them.

tenwatt

Quote from: guitarhands03 on April 20, 2012, 08:24:54 PM
Ive built two so far, one uses the seaurchin layout and the other uses the guitarpcb layout. both work fantastic. It was a really tight fit with the three toggle switches but what i ended up doing is laying the taptation pcb board in the pedal first and stacking the other pcb on top with a piece of wrapping foam in between them.

How did you add the different note valued repeats?
Not too bright....

guitarhands03

Through ToneGod's taptation chip set, the data sheet explains it alot better than I can but with a SPDT toggle switch you can select a quarter note,dotted eigth note,or sixteenth note and with the toggle furthest to the left makes the repeats duble of whatt you tap in so you get eigth note, dotted sixteenth note or 32nd note

jtn191

Finally got one, here's mine! Could use some more modulation and fuzz  :)

Modded wah->CS400 Compressor->VS Angry Fuzz->Sunking->Neutrino->L6 Echo Park

I'd like to put in a Muff, Dirtbag/Sea Urchin, Rat, Quadrovibe...

My dad made the pedalboard for me!

pickdropper

jtn, that's a nice looking board.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

Bit of a Way Huge theme developing. I started collecting these to try and end up with a use for them all so far :) sound really lovely.

juansolo

Gave me an opertunity to dig the current stash out and photo it. These are all my DIY effects bar one as it's currently being fettled, a Dr Boogie/chunk-chunk.

Does not include bought pedals... Which are currently breeding : Geiger Counter, WET Reverb, Prometheus, Rainbow Machine and Crystal Dagger.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Have you tried chaining as many of them as possible together, just for fun?  :)

The sheer number is impressive, but what impresses me on top of that is that every one looks very professional, nicely graphic'd and painted.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on May 14, 2012, 04:39:13 AM
Have you tried chaining as many of them as possible together, just for fun?  :)

The sheer number is impressive, but what impresses me on top of that is that every one looks very professional, nicely graphic'd and painted.

I haven't got that many patch leads!

I do need to come up with some method of storage and transport for them though... It's getting out of hand ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Yeah JS, that's quite an impression collection.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sgmezei

Impressive is an understatement. Such a pro collection!

Bret608

And the whole aesthetic is very cohesive, too. I believe I would recognize one of yours anywhere!

rps-10

Bought some BRĂ„DA yesterday, a little bit bendy in the middle if you are stomping on the top tier pedals, but in all ok for moderate use.
Using the power supply underneath will add support   :)

Will use chain links and self tappers to fix pedals to the board, when I've got the order sorted.

snmavronis

My signal chain is: Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster guitar into Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor to Neo-Classic 3080 Compressor and Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive (both in the send/return NS-2 effects loop) to MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay to Boss RC-3 Loop Station out to Marshall MG15FX Series 4 home practice amp, only using the clean channel and no on-board amp effects. I'm only a home guitar music enthusiast so this small effects rig is a perfect fit for my small row house environment.

My favorite pedals are the 2 Neo-Classic "clones" that I completely made from scratch as first time DIY builds (in 2010 and 2011) of a 1979 'gray spec' DOD 250 Overdrive and 1977 'script spec' MXR Dyna Comp with no changes from the original circuit schematics and sound except the addition of true bypass, LED power indicator, and Boss style DC jack. My original pedal PCB artwork layouts were designed using ExpressPCB but home etched and tinned. You can get more details on these 'non-commercial' DIY effects projects on my Neo-Classic FX showcase website including interior gut shots. I made an extra copy of each as a special gift of appreciation for my good friend and American neoclassical shred guitarist Dean Cascione. Dean liked my gray 250 clone so much compared to the others he owns that he recorded all the guitar leads on his 2011 instrumental album "Neoclassical Fire" with it which made me feel honored and it turned out sounding great!

My next favorite pedals are the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay and the Boss RC-3 Loop Station. I like moderately low slap back echo type delay with an almost reverb like effect at the same time. I'm also having fun with the RC-3 creating loops to play along with as well as backing tracks copied to it via USB from my PC. It's a great practice tool. I hope you this relatively tame and simple setup interesting. It gets the job done without the temptation of effects overkill that a large pedal board rig would spoil me with.
Pedaltrain Mini: Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Neo-Classic 3080 Compressor, Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive, MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, Boss RC-3 Loop Station