News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

01.23.13 - Zero Point documentation

Started by madbean, January 23, 2013, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm still working on this but will have something up by tonight. I made a couple last minute changes on the BOM to improve the input/output sections, so that took a bit of time today in the workshop. The delays are sounding great! I know people are going to dig them.

I will update here once I start posting the docs.

I also plan on doing a full pictorial type tutorial on building the ZPSDX. Considering the complexity I think it would be helpful. That will happen as the week goes on. Lastly, I will get demos done for the guys and up on youTube.

garfo

Can't wait to hear those.How complex is the sdx version;does
it need biasing tweaking?

stecykmi

very excited for this one. i ordered a pair of the sdx boards.

soldersqueeze

neiloler

Have I mentioned how stoked I am? I'm sure if Brian looks at his site's traffic, he'll see a billion hits an hour from a few isolated IP addresses... :) (work and home)
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

garfo

Well, let's wait to hear the veredict on how hard it is.Being hard actually makes it even more fun to build :)))
Quote from: soldersqueeze on January 23, 2013, 03:06:33 PM
Quote from: garfo on January 23, 2013, 01:46:48 PM
Can't wait to hear those.How complex is the sdx version;does
it need biasing tweaking?

I can't see any trimpots from here.... http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/images/slideshow/ZPSDX.jpg

jalmonsalmon

I cannot wait to build this pedal, ordered the sdx board and really going to take my time on this one.

Thanks Brian!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

neiloler

I've been debating if I should put it in a BB size box, or if I should really do this lovely circuit justice and put in a bigger box was some extra cool artwork...
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

lincolnic

I've been waiting a long time for this pedal - I think we can all agree to wait a little bit more for the documentation!

kinski

Just saw the document! Thanks MB! So for the Micro Zero Point, the Depth mod. With the depth all the way down, will you hear any modulation in its stock form?

It would be great to use the Depth mod, but being able to "turn off modulation" by dialing down the Depth pot.

patrickbrose

Quote from: kinski on January 24, 2013, 08:03:13 AM
Just saw the document! Thanks MB! So for the Micro Zero Point, the Depth mod. With the depth all the way down, will you hear any modulation in its stock form?

It would be great to use the Depth mod, but being able to "turn off modulation" by dialing down the Depth pot.

Where did you find the documentation? I still can't get it on the project page.
-P

RobA

Your browser probably has the page cached. Try bringing it up in a different browser or doing a forced reload.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

madbean

Quote from: kinski on January 24, 2013, 08:03:13 AM

If you use a 1M pot for the Depth and a sufficiently large enough value for R19, the modulation will be pretty negligible at the minimum setting. I would use probably 220k or more for R19 in that case. Maybe 470k.

The "DD" doc is up, too. And please remember to refresh the page to see the link.

Peteyboy

I will definitely have to pick one of these up
once i finish my current backlog of unfinished pedals.
I leaning toward the Micro right now, but I'm still waiting to see the Doc for the SDX.

Note: I'm no longer a lurker woohoo.

kinski