News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecykmi

Quote from: icecycle66 on December 20, 2012, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: stecykmi on December 20, 2012, 02:38:37 AMholy smokes! do you know if the builder made another one like it? how's it play?!

is it taboo to ask how much it cost?

The only thing I don't like aobut it is that it feels like it weighs a million pounds.  Actual weight is right at 14 pounds. That's 1 stone for you European and Australian folk (stone? that's what you use right?)

As far as cost.  I don't mind being asked or answering, but I'm always interested in what you think it costs before I tell you.

haha, us science-types use metric! 14 lbs is about 6.3 kg.

anyway, i have no background in custom guitars, but based on the fact that the builder is russian, the complex construction and exotic material, i might make a stab at $4k.

jeffaroo

$5K if his wife has BIG tits !
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

raulduke

@ Allen,

Nice collection there dude!

Particularly love the JagStang!

pryde

Here is my current arsenal. Got most bases covered here sans a shred guitar which I have no interest in. Also I do have a 90's Warwick Corvette Bass but no pic.

Epiphone Elite Les Paul.

MIM Tele circa 1996 in "Monkey Poop Green".

Newly aquired USA standard strat

Custom built by me P90 Tele all Mahog

1965 Gibson B25. Great little acoustic

TNblueshawk

My one and only so far guitar project. Like Rej explained on his, in my case the amount of hours of wet sanding I did damn near killed me and my right shoulder.

Only other electric I've ever owned is of course this one

John

micromegas

I'm in love with black teles....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

stecykmi

icecycle66

You guys are low. 

Special body and fretboard inlays. 
Non-template body shape and special string spacing.
Handwritting scrpt on the control cavity carved and filled with silver.  Silver side dot inlays.
Mammoth tusk bone nut.
Quilted maple reclaimed from the bottom of Lake Michigan. 
Custom body design.
Etc.
Etc.

It cost me $6.5k.  The builder and shop later told me that they should have put it up in the high $9000, but they didn't know how much work a bass like this would cost when I submitted the design.  ONe thing that made it so expensive was that I put the guys through hell getting woods.  I wanted wood from each continent and I had to bless off on the grain and texture of all of it.  I didn't get each continent though, just North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.

Mich P

Wow amazing job on the tele TNblueshawk.
Keep it in that state should be challenging,
and no, even the frets are gold ?
Superbe.
Mich P.

TNblueshawk

Thanks Mich. Yeah, gold frets. I had  a wild hair and figured why not.
John

aballen

I just couldn't resist.

From right to left.
Epiphone Lp-100(My first guitar... I'll never let it go)
Martin OMC-Aura
Ron Kirn Strat, my number 1
Martin D42

I have other stuff laying around, but these are are what I play most.

Liustucru

Hello,
let me introduce my Jaguar Steel line Gold :

It is made by a french luthier called Loïc Le Pape.
All his guitars are made of steel (except for the neck) and built according each customer's wishes.
9 months waiting list and an ever growing number of guys like me who LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE their guitar.
You can have a look to his website (http://www.loiclepapesteelguitars.com/).
All models are simply amazing.
It sounds like an old vintage guitar with lots of sustain, no noise at all, great dynamics, an astonishing finish.
BEST GUITAR I'VE EVER PLAYED WITH !!!!

He has customers all around the world.
Just tell him what you and let him do. But don't tell him you want a telecaster or a 335 like the one you saw on google. Tell him what you really desire, what you dream of.
He is often compared to TRUSSART but believe me, Loïc Le Pape's guitars have a soul that Trussart's will never have.

And here's my amp. It's a Fender Tweed '57 Bandmaster clone, point-to-point hand wired by a friend in France:

3x Weber 10' speakers, Mercury Magnetics transformers, JJ power tubes and EHX preamp tubes.

Cortexturizer

Here's what I'm using right now

Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, a LOT of guitar for the money.

Fender Lite Ash Tele, MIK, but refinished to nitro, and a lot of it was moded actually, still haven't really found the pickups I love in there, only the ones that are okay sounding to me. Maybe it's the guitar...

and my beloved Gibson SG Standard, my number one guitar.

The amp is a custom made amp called Jive King 20, a 25W model with 6V6 tubes, tube rectifier, triode/pentode switch, master volume and pregain, spring reverb, Celestion G12H30 speaker and an oversized cab. It is a supreme sounding amp, kind of like a Deluxe Reverb but different, definitely on the Fender side of things. I love it. You can here the sounds here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDb0C_4GpNo if you are interested, it's from a local Tele convention. Only OCD clone used here and there for a volume boost [drive on zero] to make those output tubes sing a little more.

And of course...

Cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jubal81

Quote from: Liustucru on April 22, 2013, 01:32:11 PM
Hello,

All his guitars are made of steel (except for the neck) and built according each customer's wishes.
9 months waiting list and an ever growing number of guys like me who LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE their guitar.
It sounds like an old vintage guitar with lots of sustain, no noise at all, great dynamics, an astonishing finish.

Just tell him what you and let him do. But don't tell him you want a telecaster or a 335 like the one you saw on google. Tell him what you really desire, what you dream of.
He is often compared to TRUSSART but believe me, Loïc Le Pape's guitars have a soul that Trussart's will never have.

My god, this is far-freaking-out. I went to his site and I think I found your guitar. How do you like the Graphtech piezo saddles?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Liustucru

Quote from: jubal81 on April 22, 2013, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: Liustucru on April 22, 2013, 01:32:11 PM
Hello,

My god, this is far-freaking-out. I went to his site and I think I found your guitar. How do you like the Graphtech piezo saddles?

Yes, you can find my Jaguar on his website. It's the only Jaguar he made. I was impressed by the Jazzmasters he made but I wanted a Jaguar !!!! and a gold one !!!

The Graphtech piezo saddles are just awesome.
BUT I had already heard them before on another guitar (a cheap one) and had found the sound poor and thin. So it sounds great on a guitar that already has a great sustain and resonance such as hollow body Gibsons, mahogany based Les Pauls and of course Loïc Le Lape Steel guitars. Piezo saddles are installed on most of his guitars.