News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

....and here I am now...!

Started by GrindCustoms, February 01, 2018, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Glad you're back dude, you've been missed.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Rockhorst

Good to hear from you Rej...and good to see all these people commenting on it. Nice community here, as Paul noted in the other thread. Best wishes and best of luck getting back on your feet.

peterc

Hey Rej

Welcome back buddy, hope your new job is a bit warmer than your last....

8)
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

TNblueshawk

Hey Grindy! I've mostly lurked the past few years and would wonder where you were at. I'm sincerely glad you are back in the fold and doing what clearly is a passion of yours. I can't say from personal experience what hell on earth is like as I have never suffered from depression. What I can say is I've experienced a front row seat with my wife starting a few years ago. Hers started from her physical issues that snowballed into mental issues. She is great now and has come out of it for the most part. But for about 2 years that was a rough ride and it tested me and I learned a shit ton. We will have been married 31 years this year so our bond was tight and I felt her pain as much as one can in my shoes. And then I would think about myself and how tough it is to say and do the right thing and then I'd stop and say, to hell with that, what she is going through is a thousand times worse so suck it up dude  :)

I say all this to say I'm a great listener if you want to PM me. I can also ramble on aimlessly into the abyss if you need that too  ;D
John

micromegas

Nice to have you back Rej!

I am sorry you are going through a rough patch but also happy to hear you are doing what you can to sort it out, that first step is worth much more than what it may seem.

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask for it!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GrindCustoms

Quote from: culturejam on February 01, 2018, 05:07:55 PM
Welcome back, mon frere.  ;D

Merci, je l'apprécie vraiment! Sorry for my "radio silence", i was'nt comfortable at all, due to the situation so i instead stayed isolated in my dark little corner... ...i regret that part a lot...

Although i had some "news" from you via Facebook and seeing that Charlotte is growing into an amazing child! :)

Quote from: pickdropper on February 01, 2018, 05:13:29 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 01, 2018, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: davent on February 01, 2018, 04:13:21 PM
Great to hear from you Rej!

All the best going forward, one day at a time!

Time for some hockey...
dave

Thanks Dave!

Hockey... ...i don't even know why i still watch Habs games... ...my hope for whatever great where vanished couple weeks ago, i guess i'm still watching just to see if at some point they're able to play.

On the bright side, you and I won't have any bitter arguments about who's going to win the Hawks/Habs Stanley Cup final.

Yep... ...no sports team ego battle will occur...!  I would have prefered it that way!  ;D

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Quote from: timbo_93631 on February 01, 2018, 05:45:24 PM
Hey Rej,
    I had my bad time too, serious depression and a mental freakout that lasted for the better part of two years.  I had some things here and on OSG that I needed to fix once I came back from it, and even the persons who I had the most fear of contacting/making amends with over it ended up being wonderfully supportive in the end with all but a few exceptions, and they were basically indifferent.  Coming to terms with failure, and picking back up from it, was one of the best things that happened in my life.  I came across this and it really helped build my internal morale, I reread it from time to time and just really take heart in it, very encouraging:
QuoteIf
by Rudyard Kipling
('Brother Square-Toes'—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,   
    And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

It is really really really good to see you are back.  Now about those Lumens...   ;D

Thanks man, that quote was a good reading! ...and yes! Lumens! May the light rise again!

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 01, 2018, 09:20:19 PM
REJ!!!! I am PUMPED that you are posting again. I swear some of the funniest posts I've read here are from you, Brian, and Forest!
On a different note, there are so many things in this life that make it hard. I've dealt / not dealt with depression and the "not dealing with it" makes it much worse. 9 million people could say that to you too but you will never understand it until you figure it out for your self. It's not an easy thing to deal with and it's even harder to confront. Plus having someone say "I think you're depressed" makes it worse too. I was seriously worried and wanted to reach out many times. But I know what it's like to want to be left alone too. I am happy you are getting help and getting treatment. I also would like to offer an ear if you ever need one. I am looking forward to seeing you around here more often.
Please feel free to let me know if you ever need anything at all.

KEEP SLAYING THOSE UNICORNS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate! Speaking of unicorns and their tears.... ...I've found some to be slayed in the performance automotive hobby aswell... ...even if i was'nt slaying in the audio departement... ...i was in the mechanical side of my life...

I'll have my complete final product in around 2 weeks.. i'll post it here because it's something i'm quite proud of and was also a source of motivation to keep me going forward. Took 7 months of R&D, prototyping machined parts, breaking the electrical code of car ECU, etc....  ...and... ..that sort of new venture of mine is called "NFG Performance"... pretty sure you can guess what NFG stands for... lol

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

blearyeyes

What does NFG stand for?  New Ford Geep?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: juansolo on February 02, 2018, 01:55:20 AM

Thanks John, i've missed you, when i saw your posts about leaving all social media and that you then vanished... ...i litterally fell like the "link was broken".... ...wich also forced me to grab my shit together and go forward so i don't loose contact with you and Cleggy.

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 02, 2018, 05:29:14 AM
Hey Grindy! I've mostly lurked the past few years and would wonder where you were at. I'm sincerely glad you are back in the fold and doing what clearly is a passion of yours. I can't say from personal experience what hell on earth is like as I have never suffered from depression. What I can say is I've experienced a front row seat with my wife starting a few years ago. Hers started from her physical issues that snowballed into mental issues. She is great now and has come out of it for the most part. But for about 2 years that was a rough ride and it tested me and I learned a shit ton. We will have been married 31 years this year so our bond was tight and I felt her pain as much as one can in my shoes. And then I would think about myself and how tough it is to say and do the right thing and then I'd stop and say, to hell with that, what she is going through is a thousand times worse so suck it up dude  :)

I say all this to say I'm a great listener if you want to PM me. I can also ramble on aimlessly into the abyss if you need that too  ;D

Thanks John!  I remember couple years ago on the BYOC forum, when thing where starting to take off for me as a builder that you wrote: "Please don't forget us if you ever get big"... ...well i kinda went the opposite of that but that reply have been going round & round in my head when i truly realised that i was loosing it... ...all those people that have helped and support me in my quest and that i was now letting everyone down... ...it's those reminders that for me, makes the difference in the sum of things... ...i have not forget and trying my best to stand-up in front of those who have put their trust in me.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 02, 2018, 02:01:17 PM
What does NFG stand for?  New Ford Geep?

Hahaha! Don't put Ford in there, it will wreck everything!  :P

"No Fawks Given"

When i first posted on some facebook pages my project, i got bashed in a very disrespectful manner and been threaten with law suits and stuff like that... ...for in the final... ...that other buisness did'nt have any patent or whatever to base their "menace" on.... ...so that name came by itself... ...a bit like a Catch22 ;)

GrindCustoms

Again, thanks everyone for the support and positive vibes!

So yeah, there's currently an issue in bringing back the site online, looks like the host deleted everything, we have older backups, so it might take a bit more time than expected.

juansolo

Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 02, 2018, 02:12:04 PM

Thanks John, i've missed you, when i saw your posts about leaving all social media and that you then vanished... ...i litterally fell like the "link was broken".... ...wich also forced me to grab my shit together and go forward so i don't loose contact with you and Cleggy.

You can get me here via PM, or via iMessage. I'm gone from Facebook and am not planning on returning. Let me know when you've got your stuff sorted man and we'll shoot the breeze and what have you. Also, got a few things for Grind when/if that gets up and running again. Again, no rush, you get yourself right, that's what's important right now.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

blearyeyes

Quote from: juansolo on February 02, 2018, 02:22:32 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 02, 2018, 02:12:04 PM

You can get me here via PM, or via iMessage. I'm gone from Facebook and am not planning on returning. Let me know when you've got your stuff sorted man and we'll shoot the breeze and what have you. Also, got a few things for Grind when/if that gets up and running again. Again, no rush, you get yourself right, that's what's important right now.

+1

Find yourself some peace Rej.

LaceSensor

You were definitely missed, sir.
Looking forward to GCFX being up and ready when you are.

TheDude

Welcome back Rej!

As a relative newbie here I view all the designers as sorts of legends, and your return is like seeing one of the great ones come out of retirement. Glad to hear you're on the up and up, even if some days that way up seems to be a bit steeper than others. Can't wait to see what you've been working on in your time away.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The dude abides