News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whetstone kits

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, February 10, 2021, 07:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

I posted about these after buying a couple for myself the other day....
The seller listed more of these. Looks like the price went up $10 from the previous listing but still not too bad if you're interested in having one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackout-Effectors-Whetstone-Phaser-Kit/402682139523?hash=item5dc1b9d383:g:W8wAAOSwRVpgFvmf
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

aion

Very interesting. Must be leftover stock from when Blackout went under. That's definitely the production PCB and it looks like the production assembly sheet as well.

culturejam

Quote from: aion on February 10, 2021, 06:16:23 PM
Very interesting. Must be leftover stock from when Blackout went under. That's definitely the production PCB and it looks like the production assembly sheet as well.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm really tempted to get one. I had one way back when and loved it.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Drew Hallenbeck

Yeah, I'm not sur how many he's had. When I bought a couple of them on Monday, there were still two left and the new listing started with a quantity of 10.
I figured it was probably a buy-out situation.....
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

LaceSensor

seller wont offer international shipping,
Would anyone be up for helping me out?

matmosphere

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 11, 2021, 04:13:22 AM
Lace sensor where are you located?

culturejam

Screw it, I bought one.  ;D  I made an offer of $60 and it was accepted.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

harryklippton

Thanks for the heads up. Looks fun

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: culturejam on February 11, 2021, 05:35:15 AM
Screw it, I bought one.  ;D  I made an offer of $60 and it was accepted.

Nice!
The last batch he had listed were up for $60 as well. I grabbed two!  ;D

LaceSensor

Quote from: Matmosphere on February 11, 2021, 04:55:59 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on February 11, 2021, 04:13:22 AM
Lace sensor where are you located?

Manchester, England

peAk

I purchased one yesterday

The finished enclosure made the $ less painful for sure

mattc

I got one as well.   It seems they're coming from leftover stock he had when he closed up shop.

TGP39

I'm almost done with mine.  I've corresponded with Kyle a few times. He is a very nice and helpful individual and this has been a fun project.  Does anyone know what model number the subminiature dpdt switches are?  The bushing needs to be a certain length for everything to fit properly.  I could also use some guidance wiring the 1P12T rotary switch he sent.  Thanks in advance. 
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

DLW

Quote from: TGP39 on February 11, 2021, 09:45:00 PM
I'm almost done with mine.  I've corresponded with Kyle a few times. He is a very nice and helpful individual and this has been a fun project.  Does anyone know what model number the subminiature dpdt switches are?  The bushing needs to be a certain length for everything to fit properly.  I could also use some guidance wiring the 1P12T rotary switch he sent.  Thanks in advance.

Could you post pictures of your wiring or the text of your correspondence? That would be helpful!

TeleCrunch

Thanks for the rec! I didn't get the deal you earlier takers did, but I sprung for it anyways because that enclosure is so cool and justifies the cost beyond a from scratch build. I'm really looking forward to building this  :)
No Squid Pro Quo