News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is everyone doing????

Started by jimilee, January 09, 2022, 12:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I've never seen this place this empty. Where is everyone at, building?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

It's been like that for a while Jimi. Myself I'm just getting back into building after a hiatus during the holidays. I'm getting ready to take on some builds in the coming weeks. But first I had to clean my bench. After cleaning and reorganizing I'm ready to tackle Brian's new projects. I also got a new guitar so I'm trying to get in time to play, on top of work, family and general adulting [emoji51]

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

I'm hardly building these days but still lurking around here while on baby duty. Otherwise I'm renovating the bathroom in my house, trying to squeeze in some guitar playing, or playing video games after everyone is asleep

gordo

I want that SG!!!

Business as usual for me.  I've been binge building since the beginning of the pandemic and I'm up to my eyeballs in pedals.  I've been selling a bunch of stuff thru my pal's music store but sporadic and not coming even close to breaking even.  Still, building is therapy for me and every now and then (Fuzzy Britches and Archibald) something comes down the pike that is absolutely killer and stays on my board.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 09, 2022, 12:57:18 AM
I want that SG!!!

Business as usual for me.  I've been binge building since the beginning of the pandemic and I'm up to my eyeballs in pedals.  I've been selling a bunch of stuff thru my pal's music store but sporadic and not coming even close to breaking even.  Still, building is therapy for me and every now and then (Fuzzy Britches and Archibald) something comes down the pike that is absolutely killer and stays on my board.
I will agree, l want that guitar also. Since I figured out eagle, I've been covered up in boards and builds as well, it's like a feeding frenzy.

And...
Its been slow for a while, but I t hasn't been this dead. When I posted this, there were literally 2 posts all day. I've been working on homework and building in between brief breaks. One more year to go starting in March and I'll have my bachelors....at 51 and 1/2.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Thewintersoldier

I want that SG!!!

I know you were talking before about an SG special you liked at Chicago music exchange. Well if you like that red SG then this picture should really get your blood boiling lol after years of Les Pauls I realized that I'm really an SG guy. No turning back for me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on January 09, 2022, 02:37:41 AM
Whatcha studying jimilee?
IT with a focus on cloud computing.

Bio77

I want that SG!!!

You nailed it, Gordo.  I think I built 100 pedals during this pandemic.  After things opened up a little bit, it's been nice to enjoy some other things.  I finally dove into Eagle last year too, Jimi. I'm hoping to do some more of that soon. 

cooder

I have some more boxed up, gotta take photos and will post tomorrow. Which is today at yours. Or so. Because of time zone, date line and time confusion and so on.
Whtaever, it'll come when it comes.
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

December January, as well as being stinkingly hot summertime, is also the busiest time of year at work.

Mind you, ever since the pandemic started, the slaughterhouse has been going pretty dang constant.

I've got a few projects that are at the "need a Mouser order", I just really, really do not want to deal with putting an order together with Mouser's website. I've also been getting back into World of Warcraft Classic BC.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

I've ended up working on eurorack synth stuff for most of 2020, so only got one pedal build done. 

And playing way too much Civilisation 6 recently, that chews up the hours!

jimilee

gordo

That's it!!!  Pelham blue, P90's and wrap tailpiece. That's beautiful!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dawson

I think it may be some sort of reverse snowball effect, if that's a thing..  I used to post here more, but the truth is I really don't have anything amazing to say or show to you guys so when it's super slow I don't want to be the ONLY guy who posted something in a whole day.  My mediocre build reports and dumbass comments need to be sandwiched between fancier content that just isn't flowing like it used to..

I really wanted to participate in the BOTY here but all I actually completed last year was a massive multi-box so I wasn't qualified to enter and I didn't see the rules in time to complete another submission (HA!)

Maybe I'll do a report for one of my mediocre builds this week- just to contribute some content.

Quote from: jimilee on January 09, 2022, 02:24:40 AM
One more year to go starting in March and I'll have my bachelors....at 51 and 1/2.

That's got to be super exciting- I'm finally starting classes to be a machinist this year at 31 (and 1/2)- better late than never!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.